Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Seamless Pledge

I found an amazing thing! This Pledge!
I've talked about this before when i participated in Self-Stitched September: I haven't bought any clothes for a long time. I would like to say nearly two years, but that wouldn't be strictly true, I have bought underwear, tights, a couple of pairs of shoes and maybe one cardigan!  I decided to do this, along with my hubster, because I didnt want to give any more money to huge corporations who have bad work practices, use pollutants, and generally make money in an unfair and damaging way. So now I sew things, buy things second-hand or try to refashion old clothes. And all these people are pledging to do the same, you should too.
My Pledge:
I, Layla Totah, take the Seamless pledge forever. I will abstain from buying any new clothes until the end of my pledge. I will find ways to dress myself without contributing to the cycle of fast fashion consuming the high street. I will trawl through charity shops, I will attend clothes swaps, I will look for second-hand items and I will craft my own clothes with my own two hands.
Yay, for the pledge! Come on everyone, join the party.

3 comments:

  1. I've joined the Seamless Pledge, too! Hello fellow pledger! :)

    Thanks so much for taking the time to post on my blog today. Debi has written such a terrific guest post (she always writes brilliantly) and I'm so delighted to have the opportunity to meet new bloggers because of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Glad you hopped over, am excited about all the other people taking part in this pledge...what a great way to get the word out and try to influence people not only to sew but to take more responsibility over their shopping habits. I'll keep up with how you're going.

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Other Posts You Might Like...

Blog Archive